Learn the ancient craft of woodturning and create a personalised Celtic Pendant from native Irish trees in the majestic Ring of Gullion.
In the shadow of the heather clad Slieve Gullion mountain, in a land of myths and legends lies Bluebell Lane Glamping and the home of woodturner, storyteller and musician Padraig Carragher. In a restored centuries old mill Padraig demonstrates the ancient craft of woodturning to create a Celtic Pendant, a craft inherited from our Neolithic ancestors dating back 3,000 years. Using locally sourced native trees from his 26 acre private woodland learn how to use the lathe, sand and polish to create your very own Celtic Pendant. Your birth month is translated into Ogham (ancient Irish writing) and etched onto the pendant before it is laced and set in a beautiful presentation box ready to take home.
- Arrive for 10:30am and expect to finish up at 2:30pm.
- Full tuition provided by expert woodturner Padraig Carragher.
- Tea/Coffee and light refreshments.
- Demonstration followed by hands on learning guided by Padraig.
- Woodland walk and talk discussing different trees and their uses through the ages.
- Leave with your very own Celtic Pendant and a new set of skills.
- All equipment provided.
- Light refreshments include tea/coffee and homemade scones.
For a more in-depth immersive experience, please also see our Celtic Bowl Day experience.